BELIEVE. BELONG. BECOME.
Welcome to Cooper High School, home of the Hawks! We celebrate diversity and everything it brings to our strong community. Our HAWK values are Honesty, Accountability, Work Ethic, and Kindness.
OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITIES IN A CARING COMMUNITY
Cooper is a large school with a warm heart. Our goal is for all students to feel a sense of
belonging, know they are valued, and find their passion.
Opportunities in academics, arts, athletics and more: there’s something here to engage every
- Classes have greater flexibility, with new forms of instruction that rely less on lectures and more on small-group and individual learning with teacher assistance.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme develops global citizens who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. Allowing students to design their own inquiries, IB courses plant the seeds of critical thinking and collaboration — in ways that are less prescriptive than other college prep programs. We challenge all Cooper students to take at least one IB Diploma-level course.
- Advanced Placement courses, available in many subjects, offer academic challenges and the potential for college credit.
- We value the arts at Cooper. You’ll see the evidence in our hallways, where we display student work. Three annual theater productions, a dedicated ceramics room, and vocal and instrumental music programs are just some of our offerings.
- More than 50 school-sponsored teams and clubs include athletics (a newly renovated weight room opened in spring 2021), speech and debate, leadership opportunities, and an award-winning school newspaper, among others.
COOPER IS A FULL-SERVICE COMMUNITY SCHOOL
A full-service community school (FSCS) builds partnerships and organizes resources to help students and families thrive. Fullservice community schools focus on academics, health, social services, youth development, and engagement — all to improve student learning and strengthen families.
Cooper, a FSCS, is a resource center open to everyone, with extended evening and weekend hours.
Our mission is to build a stronger, braver support system for our students and families within the neighborhoods our schools serve. We cannot do this alone: we need your voice. If you have a need and/or questions, ideas, or suggested partnerships, please connect with us.
TEAM COOPER, FAMILY STRONG
We have a great school with students who work hard and take care of each other.