BELIEVE. BELONG. BECOME.
Welcome to Cooper High School, home of the Hawks! We celebrate diversity and everything it brings to our strong community. Our HAWK values are Honesty, Accountability, Work Ethic, and Kindness.
OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITIES IN A CARING COMMUNITY
Cooper is a large school with a warm heart. Our goal is for all students to feel a sense of belonging, know they are valued, and find their passion.
Opportunities in academics, arts, athletics and more mean there’s something here to
engage every student.
- Classes have greater flexibility, with new forms of instruction that rely less on lectures and more on small-group and individual learning with teacher assistance.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme develops global citizens who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help to create a better and more peaceful world. Allowing students to design their own inquiries, IB courses plant the seeds of critical thinking and collaboration — in ways that are less prescriptive than other college prep programs. We challenge all Cooper students to take at least one IB Diploma-level course.
- Advanced Placement courses, available in many subjects, offer academic challenges and the potential for college credit.
- We value the arts at Cooper. You’ll see the evidence in our hallways, where we display student work. Three annual theater productions, a dedicated ceramics room, and vocal and instrumental music programs are just some of our offerings.
- More than 50 school-sponsored teams and clubs include athletics (a newly renovated weight room opened in spring 2021), speech and debate, leadership opportunities, and an award-winning school newspaper, among others.
TEAM COOPER, FAMILY STRONG
We have a great school with students who work hard and take care of each other.