Today is the big day and we are so excited for our Hawks. Please bring plenty of water to keep cool. The ceremony is live streamed for those that need to stay out of the heat. See the link below.
The football booster club will also be selling water, pop and Gatorade in the concession stand.
Here are just a few reminders and updates:
HOT...HOT...HOT.. From what we can see it will be very very hot out. PLEASE bring water for practice, and the ceremony. The only way would we move the ceremony inside is if it was raining.
When is the graduation rehearsal?
- The graduation rehearsal for the commencement is June 10, 2021, at 10:00 am. Rehearsal is mandatory to participate in the commencement ceremony. BRING WATER
What time is the commencement ceremony?
- The commencement ceremony is at 6:00 pm. BRING WATER
What time do graduates need to be in the ready room and ready to walk for the commencement?
- Graduates will need to be in the ready room no later than 5:00 pm. The location of the graduates' ready room will be posted on the front foyer walls. BRING WATER
How many tickets will each graduate receive?
- Each graduate will receive four tickets for the commencement ceremony, in case the ceremony is moved inside.
- Tickets are not required for the outside ceremony.
When will graduates get tickets for the commencement?
- Graduates will receive tickets at rehearsal.
Is there a dress code for graduates who will participate in commencement?
- Graduates are expected to dress appropriately. The administration will review additional expectations with the graduates at practice.
What should graduates bring to the commencement ceremony?
- Graduates should not bring any personal property to leave in the ready room. Graduates will not be allowed to re-enter the building after the ceremony. BRING WATER
Where do graduates park upon arrival for the commencement?
- Graduates are asked to park across the street at the New Hope Learning Center.
Where is the handicap parking located?
- Individuals in need of handicap parking may park in the designated spots south of the stadium.
Can graduates or guests get to the stadium early to save seats?
- Graduates or guests will not be allowed to save seats. However, guests may come early. Gates will open around 4:30 pm.
Do graduates and guests have to wear a mask?
- Masks are optional for both graduates and guests as per the new MDH/MDE guidelines.
Do graduates or guests have to wear a mask while seated?
- It is not mandatory for graduates or guests to wear a mask.
How will graduates receive their diplomas after commencement?
- Graduates will be escorted to the community gym after commencement to receive their actual diplomas.
Can my family bring balloons or noisemakers?
- Individuals who bring balloons will be asked to leave them outside of the gate. We ask that people be respectful of others and leave noisemakers at home.
How do graduates meet up with my family and friends after graduation?
- It is encouraged for graduates to give their family and friends a meeting place after commencement. Family and friends will not be allowed in the building before, during, or after the commencement.
Where and when do graduates turn in caps and gowns to receive a refund?
- Graduates may come in person with cap or gown or both on Monday, June 14 through Thursday, June 17, from 8-11 am to receive a refund.
- Graduates can not receive refunds after June 17th. A decorated hat can not be accepted for a refund.
Will the commencement ceremony be streamed online for family and friends?
- The commencement will stream live on channel 799/12.We will also be streaming the event. Live Stream Link