Information for Seniors
Class of 2021 Important Graduation Information
You can see information for each individual section below, along with specific links.
- Class of 2021 Yard Signs - AVAILABLE NOW!
- Senior Post-Grad Plans - May 13
- Prom - May 22
- Cap and Gown
- Senior Survey - Complete by May 1
To order your Class of 2021 Yard signs, please complete this Yard Sign Order Form.
Signs are $10 each and will be available to pick up and pay for at Cooper main office after May 10. You will be notified when ready for pick-up.
It's a tradition at Cooper High School that on Senior Commitment (Signing) Day, the graduating seniors will sign the banner of where they will be attending college. Seniors wear their college gear that day and it is a celebration!
Class of 2021 will have Senior Commitment Day on Thursday, May 13 during lunch.
As you sign the banner, cookies for Seniors will be distributed!
May 22, 2021 - A Fairy Tale Forest
7:30 pm - 11:00 pm - NO Entry after 8:30 pm
Cooper Main Gym - Enter through Door 18
- Who: Seniors plus a guest (Grade 10 through age 20)
- Tickets go on sale Monday, May 3 - Friday, May 14
- Tickets - $25 per person / $50 per couple
- Tickets will be sold in the front foyer before and after school
NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES DURING PROM!
Prom Information for all!
- Bring your ticket and an ID (School, State or Driver's License)
- NON-Cooper Guests MUST bring an ID with them. We will keep this ID on file during Prom and return it when the guest leaves.
- Remember to pick up your Non-Cooper Guest Approval form when you purchase your ticket
- Guests will only be permitted to enter with the Cooper Senior who purchased the ticket.
- Guests may be Cooper Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
- Guests may be Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors from another school - with submitted approval form
- Guests may be out of high school, age 20 or younger - with submitted approval form
- Guests will be expected to follow all Cooper High School Rules and Regulations
- Once a student enters Prom, they will not be allowed to go back outside. A staff member may escort you outside in special circumstances. If a student chooses to leave the venue, they will NOT be readmitted.
- All attendees MUST be admitted before 8:30 p.m.
- No entry after 8:30 p.m.
- All Cooper High School rules apply at Prom - including all rules around behavior and chemical use.
- Prom is a FORMAL EVENT! Guest conduct and attire that fits a formal event is expected.
- There is NOT a secure or locked area for valuable, so please plan ahead.
- Backpacks and large bags are NOT allowed. There is no staff to watch them
- Purses / small bags will be searched at the entrance - back parking lot/staff entrance
- Charge your phone before you come! There will not be secure charging areas
- Be sure to secure a ride home before the end of the evening! Do not wait until 11:00 p.m. to find a ride.
All COVID-19 Protocols will be followed, including the wearing of masks/face coverings during the entire event.
All attendees do take the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and could be identified as a close contact by attending this event. In the case of a close contact situation, there is a 14-day quarantine period. This means that any close contacts from Prom would be required to stay home the last 2 weeks of the school year. If a student has received a full COVID-19 vaccine series, and it has been 14-days since the last dose, then would not need to quarantine unless they experience symptoms of COVID-19.
Cap and Gown Orders
Cap and Gowns can be ordered online from Jostens by clicking the button below. Cap and Gown measurements are determined by height and weight. Height is measured in feet and inches (i.e. 5’9”) and determines your gown length. Weight is measured in pounds and determines gown fullness.
Cap and Gown Distribution at Cooper
- Distance Learning students pick up Caps and Gowns on May 26 and June 2 (10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Evening pick up option on June 1 (3 to 6 p.m.)
- In-person students pick up Caps and Gowns on June 3 and 4 during lunch (10:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.)
- When: Thursday, June 10 at 10 a.m.
- Where: CHS - In ready rooms
- WHY: Attendance at rehearsal is mandatory in order to participate in the commencement ceremony
- When: Thursday, June 10 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Cooper High School, Barbara A. Lehman football stadium
- In case of inclement weather: Commencement will move to the main gym. There will be LIMITED number of guests in attendance.
- Students must be in their assigned ready rooms by 5:00 p.m.
- GUESTS: With the recent lifting of some outdoor restrictions, we will be opening up commencement to all guests of the students, if held outside.
- Families must sit together.
- Mask requirement is in place. Everyone must wear a mask
- In case of inclement weather, graduation ceremony will move to the Cooper Main Gym.
- Due to unforeseen changes in COVID-19 restrictions in place on June 10, 2021, we may NOT be able to allow guests in the main gym.
- If we are able to have guests inside, each student will receive 2 guest passes at rehearsal the morning of June 10. Passes will be used if graduation is moved inside and guests are allowed.
Commencement will be streamed on CCX Media. A link will be posted on the website closer to the event.
The senior survey must be completed by all seniors by May 1! The survey is required as it tells us where to send final transcripts and what scholarships are received by students. It is also required even if you are not planning to go to college. You can not pick up your cap and gown until the survey is completed, so fill it out asap!